If you are an aspiring shooter or even a professional one, there are a few things that you should have especially Earplugs for Shooting. In this article we will be looking at the need for earplugs for those who are in to shooting and the kind of benefits it offers. Further, we also will spend some time having a look at the various important points to be kept in mind when it comes to selecting the right earplugs for shooting. We are hopeful that the information shared hereunder will be useful because of the fact that there are dozens of such shooting earplugs available in the market. Each one is considered to be good in its own way. Therefore, if you have the right knowledge and information, it is quite likely that you will not end up making the wrong choice as it often happens.
Why Do You Need Earplugs When Shooting?
Earplugs are muffles are used by shooters and other professionals with the main purpose of reducing the harmful impact that is caused by noise exposure during shooting trials and competitions. There are different types of earplugs and they are unique and versatile in their own way. They help in tactical training, various types of shotgun sports, NASCAR and motor sports, and other loud events. However, they are most commonly used in shooting competitions and many also use these earplug to block out the noise that comes from snoring partners and buddies.
Things to Consider When Buying an Earplug
Here are a few things that you must bear in mind when buying an earplug:
What kind of protection do you need? This is the first question you must ask before investing in an earplug. You have different types of earplugs for different uses. There are earplugs that block out sound. On the other hand you could choose special types of earplugs that are suitable for special situations and requirements. Shooter for example, need to filter out loud noises emanating from their guns and also the guns of their competitors. Some people need an earplug to avoid water seepage into the ears. Musicians Earplugs and stage performers need these ear devices to again filter out unwanted sounds.
Keep your budget in mind. These earplugs do come in many different prices. Therefore, you must be clear about the money you would be able to spend on these ear devices. There are cheap ear devices that come for a few cents. On the other hand, you also could have earplugs selling with a price tag of around $150. You should choose the right earplugs based on your need and regularity of use. For example, if you want to use it for shooting competition or for preventing water seepage, you must look for quality ones rather than going in for disposable ones. You must not cut too many corners on price if you are serious about durability, longevity, safety and comfort.
Earplugs come in boxes or pairs. You again have to decide as to how many earplugs are needed. Take into account the specific needs and go for the right earplugs. When buying for a group of people, you may go in for low priced variants, but make sure that you do not compromise on quality, beyond a point, under any circumstances.
Let us now straightaway get into the review of five different models of earplugs so that our readers are able to get a better information and knowledge about the same.
This is a commonly used and highly popular earplug for shooters and also for other users and professionals. It has many interesting features and we are sharing a few of them for the benefit of our readers. To begin with it can offer complete and reliable blast protection for those who are into gun shooting and other such competitions. It is therefore, quite popular among instructors, guides, shooters and hunters. Additionally, it does not hamper natural hearing, especially when no background noise or sound is present. It also has a switch which when flipped could amplify the external sound. Hence this is the reason it is considered to be one of the best options for those who are into shooting. On the whole it offers value for money and is durable.
- It comes with a number of functionalities and features.
- It has assorted eartips making it look good.
- It also comes with special filter tool and replacement filters.
- You also get #10 zinc air batteries along with protective case.
- Neck cord is also included.
- The earplug comes with one year warranty if it is produced from authorized dealers.
- It is on the expensive side.
- Not suitable perhaps for water sports.
Those who a few things about ear plugs believe that Westone is a name that can be relied up. It has been around for many years now and they have come out with some quality ear plugs for various uses. Hence, it is quite obvious that this particular model and brand may be of interest for those who are looking for a good pair of earplugs. It is perfectly designed and is suited for shooting, outdoor recreation purposes, hunting and also for use in some other tactical environments. It is feature-rich and therefore we think it is worthwhile to have a closer look at this product. We are happy to list down some of the main features of this product. It is capable of providing hearing protection up to 30 dB – NRR rating. It also comes with three different levels of amplification up to 86 dB.
- It is from a company that has a good track record.
- The plugs are available in five different sizes.
- It comes in attractive colors.
- Fits snugly into the ears and is almost invisible.
- Perfectly suited for shooters, both for practice and competition.
- It is versatile and can be used for various other purposes too.
- It is expensive and not everybody can afford it.
- Service support beyond warranty period is not satisfactory.
There are reasons to believe that this could be a suitable candidate for those who are planning to choose the best earplugs without having to burn their pockets. To start with, it is from the stables of Surefire and they have rich experience in making some quality earplugs. Further, there are some unique features that make this stand apart from the rest of the crowd. If offers 24dB NRR or Noise Reducing Rating. It comes with quality caps pre-inserted. This helps to filter unwanted sounds and noises while helping the wearers to hear the sound levels that are required and considered safe. It also has triple-flanged stems that are adjustable and soft. The whole thing effortlessly fits into the ear snugly. It comes with a low-profile design that helps to keep the earplug in place even when wearing hat and helmet.
- It is from a firm that has years of experience in earplug manufacturing.
- Suitable for hunters, shooters and other professionals.
- Comes with EarLock retention rings (Patented) that make use of seven contact points.
- It is hypoallergenic and made from quality polymer that is durable and soft.
- Made in the USA to suit specific local needs and requirements.
- Tough to insert into the eyes.
- On the whole, not all customers are satisfied.
If you are keen on buying an affordable earplug that delivers on its promises, then you have many reasons to try out the much talked about Mack’s Earplugs for shooters. This is perhaps made specifically keeping in mind the needs and requirements of shooters and also for a few more professionals. The unique thing about it is that it is a dual purpose ear plug. It is capable of reducing noise and also filter out water. It is capable of reducing noise by as much as 26 decibels. It is unique because it has a perfect combination of unmatched comfort and an inner core that is stiff. Both these make it quite comfortable and insertion is also easy. You also may be impressed with the dual durometer design. This helps to get one of the most comfortable seal rings that are super-soft. The detachable cord is also another important takeaway as far as this product is concerned. It helps you to remove and wear the earplugs whenever you need and wherever sound levels are quite high.
- Unmatched comfort
- Reasonably priced
- Value for money
- Suitable for target shooting, tactical training and other loud events
- Trap shooters and skeet shooters find it very impressive
- It is reusable and washable
- It does not filter loud noises and sounds
- Not very comfortable when worn for long hours
This is perhaps the only reusable earplugs in the market that comes with the patented CMT or Conforming Material Technology manufacturing. It makes use of the body heat and adjusts to the contours of the person wearing the earplugs. It comes with a satisfactory 25 NRR. Because of the CMT design and technology, it can easily fit into any ear canal. As mentioned above the 25 NRR is perfectly suited for shooters and other professionals. When it comes to comfort users believe that it is one of the best in the market.
- It is made from high quality and soft TPE materials
- It is capable of offering maximum comfort
- The wearability factor long hours is also one of the best in the market
- Custom fit that is heat activated
- Comes with detachable cord
- Cute and comfortable carry case
- Not suitable for those with small ear canals
- Noise reduction levels can be improved
We sincerely believe that we have been able to drive home the right points for those who are keen on investing money on the right earplugs. The five models discussed here may also help our readers to understand the various points to be kept in mind before choosing a right one.